Wonder Series by R. J. Palacio
I won’t describe what I look like. Whatever you’re thinking, it’s probably worse.
August (Auggie) Pullman was born with a facial deformity that prevented him from going to a mainstream school—until now. He’s about to start 5th grade at Beecher Prep, and if you’ve ever been the new kid then you know how hard that can be. The thing is Auggie’s just an ordinary kid, with an extraordinary face. But can he convince his new classmates that he’s just like them, despite appearances?
R. J. Palacio has written a spare, warm, uplifting story that will have readers laughing one minute and wiping away tears the next. With wonderfully realistic family interactions (flawed, but loving), lively school scenes, and short chapters, Wonder is accessible to readers of all levels.
Included in the Series:
- Wonder (Wonder #1)
- The Julian Chapter (Wonder #1.5)
- Pluto: A Wonder Story (Wonder #1.6)
- Shingaling: A Wonder Story (Wonder #1.7)
- 365 Days of Wonder: Mr. Browne’s Book of Precepts (Wonder Companion)
- Auggie & Me: Three Wonder Stories(Wonder #1.5, 1.6, 1.7)